Fragments of Memories, Sown together with Words

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

[1.7 Fae] Recovery...?

Dear Journal,

I am back. 

It didn't take that long this time did it?

It seems like you are the only one that will listen to my complaints without a word now that Eric's gone. 

I feel like an old woman nagging but I guess with Tae getting ready for college I am getting old aren't I?


"You ready for this, Tae?"

"...How long is this going to take?"


I've been asked to do more and more specified works as my career advanced. 
Even though I was freelance with no company support, the locals seem to like my style. 


I might as well make use of two handsome -free- models to practice I thought. 
Little complaints here and there but they stood there none the less until I was satisfied. 

"Can you make my nose smaller mom? Girls been saying it's too big."

"You mean on the statue Cloud or should I come for your face with this chainsaw?"

Cloud rolled his eyes while I chuckled.  It seems even I can laugh a little now a days. 

Time, I guess, does in the end, mend. 


I practice to get faster. I've been having some really... eccentric customers of late. 
Don't want them staying longer than needed. 


Back to my sons though. Cloud. He really is like a cloud drifting this way and that way.
 Every day after school there's a ring, I'm going to so so so's place after school, etc etc...


I don't say much to him. He does come home with his homework done and before curfew. 

Then again, maybe I am going easy on him again. 
Curse you Eric for passing on your genes to him so perfectly!


...Cloud's also been obsessed with girls lately.

"Well you and dad met in high school at senior prom. 
Who's to say my future wife not be sitting next to me in class right?"

- to which I of course have no answer. 

Tae's been training him at the gym every weekend. Eric wasn't buff but I think Cloud's been hearing he's like his dad from me too much now a days. He's trying hard to become better than Eric was in one way or another.  

Trying to get a girlfriend before junior year, mastering drums, being fit... At least he talks to me. 


Tae is another story. 

I've had one too many phone calls, asking why he skipped school. 

"TAE where have you BEEN? The school called AGAIN asking where you were!"

At first Tae just apologized and headed upstairs. After a couple times, he began to give... explanations. 


"I'm sorry, Mother. I had every intention of going to school - you saw me getting on the bus with Cloud in the morning. I must have broken your heart with you worrying, especially after Father's death you must be worried sick whenever we are out..."

He is becoming a rather smooth talker. He was also using Eric as a pity card I know, but I always forgave him. If not for the fact he was my son that I love, but because of the terrible mother I was, leaving him to practically raise Cloud after Eric's... departure. 


Anyway, Tae's report cards showed nothing less then what he did all throughout his academic life... perfect A's. 
He started doing homework alone on the top floor, now that Cloud was out with his friends most days. 

...He never really seems happy.


There are few moments when I'd see his smile, 
but even then it was always a sad smile flashed for a second at Joy. 

It feels like a sin for me to start recovering my happiness while his doesn't seem complete.

Signed,

Fae

As much as I am making these stories for the Ribbons, I am very pleased with the Nraas Story Progression mod fueling the direction of the Ribbons' characters. It was interesting how Cloud would really go to his friend's houses after school, while Tae never did. I think Tae had a friend come over once - but they left quickly after.

If you noticed in a screenshot, there's a kitty! Fae was never a big animal person, so she doesn't mention the new household member that Cloud adopted. Egon Ribbon, the cat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions, comments? Let me know what you think!

NOTICE

Changing to this template unfortunately deleted all previous comments, I apologize! Thank you to all who left comments/suggestions previously. I will not forget them!

Welcome!

Please see the Story Guide to aid your reading selection. Hope you enjoy!

Current Story Arc Beginning:

Posting Schedule: 1-2/week

Top Reads

Powered by Blogger.