Fragments of Memories, Sown together with Words

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

[SE] Love's Awkward Beginnings

It was the end of a quiet day at the Ribbon household.
Both the boys were getting ready for bed. 

"Hey Fae, why don't we tell Tae and Cloud how we met?"

"Aren't they too young to understand?"


"Well I always felt they need to at least hear it, but I'd be too embarrassed to tell them when they get to an age they would understand, you know?"

Fae laughed and sat down leaning her back on the crib, little baby Cloud in her arms. 

"Papa's gonna tell you a story Cloudy bear. You wanna hear how your Mama fell for Papa?"

Eric sat next to Fae setting Tae on his lap. Tae's eyes sparkled as he reached up his tiny hands and clapped them together twice before they found their way into little Tae's mouth.

--------------------------------------------------------


"It was senior prom night, and your dad here was miserable. Our school had prom couple times throughout the year cause it was so big, and our group had it early on in the school year. The party was fun, my date at the time, Hannah, was... attractive but she wasn't the type of girl your dad was in to. Your grandparents really liked her though, she was nice, quiet but popular, smart-"

"You can stop praising her now, Eric. I think the boys get the point."

Eric grinned and gave Fae a look, and Fae stuck her tongue out at him. Tae giggled and squirmed on Eric's lap.

"So as the night went on, your dad here pulled a little ninja action and sneaked out the back door while Hannah went dancing with some of her friends. There were a lot of flower bushes and the night was warm, so I decided to hide out for a while there. Then I heard someone giggling and talking. I ducked, thinking my friends had come out to get me."


"As I sat there in the bushes, I realized that it wasn't a group of people, it was one girl talking to herself. I peeked out to see who this crazy person was-"

Tae tilted his head and looked at Fae. Fae reached out pinched Tae's cheeks.

"Your daddy's exaggerating Tae honey. Your mama wasn't talking to herself THAT much."

"No, your mom WAS talking to herself that much, but as soon as I saw her there sitting near the fountain... sketching on her notepad, talking to herself... she was beautiful in every sense of the word. Your dad stood there watching her for a while before he found himself suddenly in front of her."


"Your Papa really just walked up and stood in front of me, not saying anything. I think he was embarrassed, his face was red."

"Actually, that's because I could see up your dress with you sitting like that but I didn't want to say anything."

Fae slapped Eric's arm and released an exasperated sigh.

"I could feel your mom was getting uncomfortable. She stopped talking immediately of course, and started scribbling faster."

"Scribbling? You calling my art scribbles?"

"C'mon Fae, you were sketching some weird dog looking thing. Your sculptures are great but your drawings..."

"...Just continue with the story, think Cloud is getting a little restless."


Fae: You're in my way.

Eric: ...Oh sorry, sorry. It's just... *clears throat* You know, I'm glad I finally found you.

Fae: Uhm... do I know you? 

Eric: ...I think I'm your soul mate.

Fae: ...ew?

Eric: Sorry, sorry. Damn, can I do that over?


"Your Mama was laughing hard on the inside. She had to stop sketching and get up so she wouldn't burst out laughing. It was hard trying to keep a serious face."

"Hey, it takes a lot of courage to to say that to a girl you just met you know."

"I think you were a little drunk actually."

"...Yeah, probably."


"Mama wasn't about to let this go. I'm sure you boys know by the number of fantasy manga I've been reading you at night-"

"Fae, why are you reading manga to our -"

"Hush, Eric. I felt like this was my chance. To live a life that was not my own. Something different, and not... the norm. Even if it was for one night, I needed something to make my life feel like it was something more."


Fae: No, no, please continue.

Eric: Continue? Er-


"At this point, your dad wasn't sure what was going on. It was the cheesiest pick up line I had ever used and it was working?"


Fae: So, soul mate, where will you whisk me off to on this fair day?

Eric: Uh, it's night time actually. First of all, can you get down from there?


"Your mom hopped down before I could offer to help her and placed her hands behind her back and beamed at me. She was waiting for an answer, but your dad had no clue - NO clue at all what he was suppose to say. Crazy girl in front, but the other option was Hannah and well-"

"Will you stop calling me crazy, geez Eric. Tae and Cloud are both going to think their mama's a psycho!"


Eric: Hey, ok, I get it. I'm sorry I was being stupid. You don't have to make fun of me and go along with it.


"Your dad saw that your mom's smile dropped from her face. He started cus- uhm, thought about how stupid he was in his mind."


Fae: Ok, ok, geez. No need to be mad.


"You know Eric, I really was pissed then. I thought I was really about to get some live role play." 

"You've told me that many many times. I made up for it right?"

Fae laughed and nodded. Tae snuggled closer to Eric, struggling to keep his sleepy eyes open while Cloud let out a tiny yawn and started to fall asleep.


Eric: So, what are you doing out here? It seems like a waste to be spending time alone when you came dressed up like that.

Fae: Oh, the jewelry is all fake. Dress is a hand me down. Don't worry, I didn't really dress up. 

Eric: You're still mad at me.

Fae: Yes, I am. 


"I said I was mad at you without thinking you know. It was for a completely different reason then you were thinking for sure." 

"Yeah... Fae, I think Cloud's asleep and Tae's not far off. Wanna stop?"

"No, I want to hear the rest."

"You know the rest."

Finally, Tae couldn't keep his eyes opened any longer, closed them, and fell asleep. Fae cradled Cloud closer and rested her head on Eric's shoulder. 


Eric: Forgive me will ya? And I'll show you something cool. 

Fae: ...Like what?

Eric: Look up at the sky, and ...damn, sorry I thought-

Fae: Wow it's so pretty! 

Eric: -there would be stars. What's so pretty? No moon, no stars. 

Fae: It's a blank canvas! An empty sky. So... pretty...

Eric: ...Is it that beautiful?

Fae: ...I don't know. I want to think it is. That's how my life feels. So empty, so blank. I want to believe I can paint something new onto it, but it never works out. Everything turns out to be something old, so ordinary. So I wipe it away and I'm empty again. I'm so tired. Is it wrong to want to think being empty is beautiful? That my life is... fine the way it is?

Eric: ...I think that's wrong. Cause even now, the sky isn't empty. There are a million stars up there, shining bright. It's just that we aren't able to see it. 


"Is that really what you told me?"

"Something like that, I think. At the very least that's what I should have told you."


Fae: I don't know...Hey wait. Aren't you - Aren't you Ribbon? The Principle's son?

Eric: Uh - yeah. I am, sorry I didn't introduc-


Fae: Oh, I am so sorry. Here I thought you were hitting on me-

Eric: Well I guess I a-

Fae: -when you're here with Hannah. I feel so stupid!

Eric: No, no. Hey, calm down, ok? 

Fae: I heard rumors she was really looking forward to tonight. She pre-ordered her dress months ago saying she was going to get her first kiss from you today and everything-

Eric: What?


Fae: Didn't you hear it? Geez, I'm not even popular and I heard it all. She was like this in the hallway saying how you'll then-


"Then I kissed you softly on the lips while you were posed, ready for me like that."

"...I remember you more jumping onto me instead."


"Does it matter? You were too cute puckering and muttering like that... You probably did that on purpose didn't you?"

"Think whatever you want, romeo."


Eric: ...

Fae: ...

Eric: Can I get your name?

Fae: ...F..a..

Eric: ...Uhm, Fa?

Fae: ...Fae. It's Fae... idiot.


Eric: Oh, Fae. Ahem. Well, then, I guess since we're not going back to the party - 

Fae: ...Wha- HEY PUT ME DOWN-




"I still can't believe you threw me in there. I thought you were going to molest me at first."

"I would never do that! To you or to anyone!"

Tae wiggled in his sleep. Fae put Cloud in his crib and rocked Tae in her arms.

"Yeah, but you would throw a girl in her prom dress into water."

"You said it was a hand me down. I had a lot of nervous energy I needed to get out. I was panicking and pumped at the same time."

"So... you threw me into the water."

"Hey, I apologized, and I DID get in with you, remember?"


Eric: What are you thinking?

Fae: I think the stars are starting to show.

Eric: I think you should go out with me.

Fae: ...Oh yeah?

Eric: Yeah, but if you're gonna be my girl there's something you should know. 

Fae: ...What is it?

Eric: I like long hair. 


Fae: Well, if you're gonna be my man, there's something YOU should know too.

Eric: I'm listening.

Fae: I like short hair. 

Eric: I do have short hair. 

Fae: On me, stupid!


Eric: I think we can work out a compromise.

Fae: ...Sounds good to me.


--------------------------------------------------------

"Let me put Tae in his crib, Eric."

Fae placed Tae in the bed and kissed his cheeks as Eric wrapped his arms around Fae's waist. 

"That wasn't the worst of it was it?"

"No, we went through a lot of trouble after that didn't we?"

"I don't regret any of it do you?"

Fae looked at her two sons peacefully sleeping in their cribs. She smiled and turned to face her husband. 

Eric playfully kissed Fae's face while she undid her buns and let her hair fall long past her shoulders.


"I still think a short style is better on me."

"I think you look gorgeous either way."

"Then let me cut it."


"Maybe when we're old and the boys are gone, I'll think about it."

"I don't think I'll care at that point."

"Exactly."

Fae laughed out loud then quickly tried to contain it so she wouldn't wake the boys.


Eric's lips found a way to help her do so.


So something a little different to fill in Fae and Eric's backgrounds! First Gen should get a little history too right? I personally think Fae does look better with short hair, but I couldn't resist giving her those buns to go with her rather peculiar personality. 

Originally Fae and Eric's relationship background was suppose to be revealed through the journals, but Eric went and died on me so... yeah. Their first meeting was rather... strange, but the troubles only started from there.

Poses used for this story shots are by simsimi, IMHO and fyachii. Please correct me if I used someone else's pose but forgot to write it down. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions, comments? Let me know what you think!

NOTICE

Changing to this template unfortunately deleted all previous comments, I apologize! Thank you to all who left comments/suggestions previously. I will not forget them!

Welcome!

Please see the Story Guide to aid your reading selection. Hope you enjoy!

Current Story Arc Beginning:

Posting Schedule: 1-2/week

Top Reads

Powered by Blogger.