Fragments of Memories, Sown together with Words

Monday, July 14, 2014

[2.11 Fia] Hope, Dreams, Death

*Sexual content. Mature readers only.*

It was the night I had waited for and dreaded. 


There he was, standing so close within my reach, exactly the way he had looked in the vision Pipper had allowed me to see. 


Angelus had unusually asked me to meet him. Was it a coincidence that Cloud was here, at the same time and place we were to meet?

I had an uneasy feeling Angelus knew of my visits to Pipper, although Pipper had never mentioned Angelus' visits to me. 



However, this was not an opportunity I could pass. 

Tonight, I will find my answer. 

My body felt heavy as I approached the man from my visions. 

The one who will fulfill my wish. 


Cloud: Are you for real?! HAHAHA... damn that Angelus... Thank you man, thank you!

I watched him jump and express his delight. I had no clue what Angelus had said to make this man so excited to see me. 

Cloud: Ahem. Sorry. Name's Cloud. What's yours? I mean, Angelus told me there would be someone else coming but didn't think such a beautiful girl would be showing up to get ready for this nerdy LARP deal. 


He was different than I had imagined. 

Sophia: Whats is this... LARPs deals?

Cloud: So, you're hot and you have an accent? Alright, forget preparing. Let me take you out for dinner? 

I wondered if he was hungry, and immediately wished I brought a dish to give him. Would that have made it easier for me to ask him my request? 


Cloud: ...Did I say somethin' wrong? You can relax, I'm a friendly guy. Let me back up. What should I call you?

Sophia: Sophia. 

Cloud: Sophia... Pretty name too. Aight, so. What are we doin' tonight?

Was this an invitation? Was it time for me to ask?


Cloud: ...Yo? Sophia, you there? It's aight I know how to take a no. Back to this LARP deal then.  Are you on the vampire side or witch side? 

Sophia: I ams a vampires. 

Cloud: Cool, I've been thinkin' I would like to be a vampire too. You know anywhere I can pick up some fangs? I ain't exactly pale but I think I can pass for one.

Did I just hear him right? He wants to be a vampire?

Sophia: You wants to bes a vampires?

Cloud: Yeah! I mean, Gabe told me they have super strength and speed... Impressive I'd say. Better than waving a stick around throwing around sparkles.


Sophia: I cans turns yous intos ones of us, ifs thats is whats you wish.

Cloud: Cool! Just tell me what to do. 

Sophia: You musts stands stills whiles I injects my bloods into yours bloodstreams.


Cloud: ...Come again? What?

Sophia: Its is a myths that humans turns into vampires when theys are bittens. A matures vampires chooses thoses to becomes ones of us, and releases our vampirics blood to the humans. 

Cloud: Uhm...

Sophia: Whens we drinks we sucks the bloods in. Whens we  transforms someones we releases. 

Cloud: ...You sound so serious. 

He laughed nervously. I then realized, perhaps, he thought I was pretending to be what I naturally am.

His misunderstanding would be a torn into my plans. It had to be cleared.

Sophia: Cloud. I ams a vampires. A trues vampires.


Cloud: ...Haha... Well your acting skills are really great!  You're really into this role playing aren't you... I mean, c'mon! Stop joking already, aight?

I touched his face with my hands. I felt him flinch against the cold touch upon his warm face. 


Sophia: Cloud, I nevers jokes.

Cloud: ...Sophia, you're starting to creep me out a bit...


Sophia: Theres is a ways for yous to sees me for who I says I am. 

Cloud sighed and rolled his eyes before looking back into mine. They were a more brilliant shade of green in life than I had seen in the vision.   

Cloud: Aight, aight. I'll play along. So, Miss Vampire, am I your first victim for the night?


Sophia: Nos. You will be mys saviors. 


With a swift tug I pulled myself closer to Cloud and inhaled his scent. His body stiffened, but relaxed as I stroked his cheek and down to his neck. 

My heart raced. I took a moment to take pleasure in this sensation I had craved.




He made no sound as my fangs dug into his flesh and broke into his artery. 
The sweet red fluid flooded into my mouth. 

I forced my fangs deeper. Cloud gripped my arm tighter. 


I lost all my senses at the taste of his blood. I kept drinking and drinking until -

Cloud: ...Sophia, I'm going to pass out.


I hastily slipped my fangs out, panicked. I felt out of breath, breathing heavily. 

His head wavered back and forth, his eyes out of focus. I steadily his head in my hands. 

Sophia: Cloud... I... so... sorrys... I... nevers... losts controls like this befores...

It seemed like an eternity before his posture stabilized and he replied.

Cloud: ...It's aight.

Sophia: Whys... Whys dids you nots resists?


Cloud took my hands off his face and let them fall to my side. 

Cloud: ...It was obvious you were enjoying yourself. I didn't think I should stop you.

Sophia: You musts thinks I'm a monsters.

Cloud: Well - no...? I freaked out when you literally pierced my neck with your - uh - fangs when I thought you were making a move on me but - nah. 

He placed his hand over the place I had bitten him. 

Cloud: I'm sorry. I mean you were telling me you were but I was too stupid to realize you were like legit a vampire. 


Cloud: ...But yeah. That's cool! So... vampires are for real? Damn, that must mean Angelus and that other dude were real vampires too? Wait til Gabe hears about this, he's going to flip!

I was unsure whether to be relieved that he was friendly enough to take this as evidence, and just as evidence only not an attack on him - or to be uneasy about his carefree personality towards the whole ordeal.

Cloud: Were you that thirsty or like, does my blood taste that good? It hurt like crazy but I can't say I hated it entirely...


But it was not the time to be uneasy. 

The potion was almost complete.

I hoped his friendliness would extend to helping me fulfill my desire. 

Sophia: Cloud. 

Cloud: Yeah?

Sophia: Would you...Would yous listens to a storys?

Cloud: A story? Sure, why not? I love stories. Let's sit. What's this story about?

Sophia: This is a storys of dreams, and sacrifices.

Cloud: Oh, like a heroic adventure?

Sophia: Nos. It is a story fars from heroics.

--------------------------------------

It was the era of the Great War. The tension between vampires and witches were at its peak. 


Aelane was born with a weak body and abandoned by her vampire parents as a child, their hopes for her survival having dwindled to none. 

She was found by a kind witch couple who took pity on her and took her in as their own. 

Unfortunately, the war took away Aelane's foster parents as well. Vampires attacked their home, killing the two witches. The attacking vampires physically spared the young Aelane as she was one of their kind, but left her dead in spirit. 


Fueled with hatred towards her own kind, she retreated far into the woods and began to plot her revenge. Lacking in physical strength, she turned to the old alchemy books of her deceased witch parents. 

Learning the different concoctions for years, she became a master alchemist. 

However it became obvious to her that with her frail body her potions of destruction would prove useless as she would not last one minute in the chaos of the battlefield.


Then, like a miracle, the means to achieve her goal was found. 

It was by chance they had met, but their meeting grew into something far greater than any chance encounter could have hoped for. 

They were to each other the answer to their dreams. 


Maximus ran the last stretch into a clearing in the woods and saw her standing in front of her small cabin, waiting for him. 

The Witches War Council meeting had ended later than he had anticipated, but the next battle would be key to securing their victory over the next territorial span.


Aelane: You ares lates.

Aelane's peculiar accent was not lost on Maximus. The long 's' to word endings was a result of casting many ancient incantations which all ended in a long 's,' a trait carried by wise witches and mages of grand ancient magic. He had always wondered where a vampire would have picked up such way of speech.  


Aelane: It seems yous ares doings wells if you dares be lates to picks up such vitals instruments to yours success.


Maximus: Are they ready?

Maximus felt her gaze graze his face. She gestured with her long lean arms towards the door.

Aelane: As always, theys ares.


Maximus: Aelane, this is more than we had agreed upon. 

Aelane: I heards yours battles tomorrows woulds be an importants ones. There ares extras fires magics and new flash magics. I'ves reads throughs anothers books of my parents and founds the sources of seals magics which I was ables to creates intos a potions as wells.  


Aelane: Remembers to onlys have in effect at maxs 3 at anys givens times. Yours bodys wills nots be ables to handles anymores than 3 spells at one times. 


Maximus: Are there no possible ways for my body to handle more than 3 at once?

Aelane: Nos. If you puts yourselves throughs more pressures, you mays end up losings sights in your others eyes as wells. You will need another eye patches then. 

Maximus: You must think of a way.


Maximus: A few of the Council are in doubt. They do not see a routine of three spells in the battlefield to be fit for a leader, no matter how powerful they may be. 

Aelane: You are a strategists, uses yours wits to finds a ways. 

Maximus: Strategies have kept me at the top for this long. Aelane, you must, before the distrust grows!


Aelane silently pondered while Maximus regained his calm. 

Aelane: ...Theres is no ways. Its is a miracles for a humans to be ables to channels 3 such powerfuls magics to begins withs. I wills not risks yours lifes anymores. 

Maximus knelt down to level his eye with Aelane. 

Maximus: You must put my life at risks. I told you, Aelane, you are the savior for my people. You will help me stop the vampires from winning. If vampires win this war, nothing will stop them from ravaging and preying upon my people.

Aelane: I cares nothings for yours peoples. I cares nothings for humans. I only desires revenges.

Maximus: Does this mean you do not care for me?


Aelane could not deny her affections for the man before her eyes. 
She watched as he took off his armor and joined her on the bed. 


Maximus: I apologize, I should not push my will upon you so strongly. I know our passions lie on different paths.  

Aelane: I founds yous in yours weakness and saws strengths, and yous in my weakness yours. It does nots matters ifs ours goals are differents, I wills be yours supports, and you wills be my swords.  


Maximus: If you would allow me, I want to be your support as well. Revenge is a dark path that does not ever see the light. 

Aelane: Is nots whats you seeks revenges fors the deaths upons yours peoples as wells?

Maximus: I do not seek revenge for the deaths of those that were fed upon by yours. I understand that vampires must drink to survive. But I am human, in body and in heart. I fight with as much selfishness as your revenge may carry. But I fight not for revenge of the past, but hope for the future. 


Aelane silently kissed Maximus. 

Something about his way of speaking about the hope of the future shook her heart. It scared her that he chipped away the walls of hatred she had for her kind, and turned her face from the dark past into a bright future. 

Aelane: Why wasn't I borns a humans likes yous Maximus? Humans are always fulls of hopes. 

Maximus: Our hope comes as mercy to death's speeded approach. Our shorter lifespan gives us ambition and urgency. Most hope for that which we can't have, but hope in itself brings us happiness. Hope creates dreams, and dreams give us meaning. 


Maximus kissed Aelane again and held her tighter against him. Although their relationship had started as a business, the deep sadness Aelane carried beneath her cold exterior stirred his innate nature to protect. 


For the beautiful, talented woman who had been abandoned all her life, he wished with all his heart to become her constant, her pillar. 

Maximus watched bewildered as Aelane pulled away from his kiss and began to strip off her long black gown. 


Maximus: What are you doing?

Aelane: ...I haves reads mens ares to takes pleasures in a womans bodys. 

Maximus felt his body heat up from the sight of Aelane's pale, shiny bare skin. He was immobilized and speechless as Aelane laid down next to him once again. 

Aelane: ...I haves nevers beens with a mans befores. I... I hopes I ams nots disappointings.


Maximus had never heard Aelane sound so timid. 

Maximus: No, you are not. Not at all. 

Aelane: ...Are... are we to make love then, Maximus?

Maximus found himself thinking an assortment of thoughts. 

He next realized Aelane had climbed on top of him reaching for his belt. 


He gently held her hand away and sat himself up. Aelane slid off his lap as relief spread across her face.

Maximus: ...Now is not the time. When the war is over and I am capable of taking full responsibility for you, then... Then we will share all of us, our body, our hearts and our lives. 


Aelane smiled and leaned in for another kiss.

Aelane: I shalls longs for thats days, my heros.




Ivan: I am sorry to interrupt, but I have been patiently waiting, and it looks like this will take a while.

Maximus and Aelane departed in a flash at the sudden presense of another. Aelane tried to cover as much of herself as she could as Maximus stood to shield her from view. 

Maximus: WHO ARE YOU? 


Ivan: I am but a lowly vampire, Ivan Octavian Vale. It is quite the pleasure to speak to the leader of the Witch Coven, the one and only Maximus Libertas, in the flesh. I have heard many rumors about you -


Maximus: What is it that you want?

Ivan: Please, have a seat. 

Maximus: State your business, vampire. 

Ivan: I had wondered how a witch with no background suddenly appeared from thin air, climbed to the top to become the youngest leader of the Witches Coven and lead a group of weak spell casters to victory battle after battle against an army of vampires...

Ivan's dull eyes drifted from Maximus' face to the figure of Aelane balled up on the bed.

Ivan: ...It seems miracles just don't happen magically after all. 


Maximus: Do not make me repeat myself, what do you want?

Ivan: I admire your being, for a human. 

Ivan picked up one of the potions Aelane had given Maximus from the table and looked at the clear sparkling fluid on the inside. 

Ivan: Knowing well that as a human, human society did not stand a chance in war against supernaturals no matter how many you would have gathered... Taking potions to be able to cast ancient magic for temporary amounts of time to disguise yourself as a powerful witch... Being tactiful enough to lead impossible raids and succeeding...  

Ivan placed the potion back onto the table top. 

Ivan: Also for being wise enough to stand your ground knowing you will not win against me at this moment, as potionless you are.


Maximus: You have not come to praise me. 

Ivan: No, I have come to give you an offer.

Maximus: I have no interest in your offers.


Ivan: The Witch Coven will not be understanding of your situation as I, Maximus. Even if they are to look past your deception of pretending to be a witch while you are human, they will never let treason go unpunished. 

Maximus: I have never committed treason!

Ivan: Eliciting help from an enemy species is high treason. 

Maximus: Her potions have done nothing but helped me advance the Witch's Coven. 

Ivan: Ah, but you see, that is what you think on the basis of this... trust... you have with this woman. Your Coven will not have the same kind of faith in what her true motives are... especially if they also find out you were deceiving them all along. 

Ivan pulled up a chair and sat down in a slow dramatic matter. 

Ivan: If a certain lowly vampire were to leak information on an alliance between a vampire and the witch leader, who just happens to be a human... not only will your life be in danger, but hers as well.


Maximus: ...What is your offer?

Ivan: I knew you would come to your senses - 

Maximus: I care not about harm to my life, but I will not have you harm hers.

Ivan: It is quite simple. First, you will halt the battle you were to lead tomorrow.

Maximus: It will be done.

Ivan: Next, you will sign and enforce a peace treaty.


Maximus: Peace treaty?

Ivan: The treaty will call for truce, a stop to all fighting. It will return all the lands the witches have thus far taken from the vampires, but in return we shall not ask for reparation. There will be free passage between the lands for vampires, witches and humans a like. 

Maximus: This treaty is impossible.

Ivan: I will insert a clause that adds a rotation to human feeding based on the full moon. It will outlaw specifically the killing of humans, only light feeding. 

Maximus: There is no possible way for me to enforce this treaty, or to trust you to do so.


Ivan: I am not so naive to believe that vampires have any chance of winning this war. It will be a simple matter to convince the Vampire War Council. The Vampire Coven will sign this treaty. 

Ivan tapped his finger on this chin and observed Maximus' wavering expression. 

Ivan: This treaty will save your people. Even if witches win the war, there is no guarantee they will sign into law forbidding vampires to kill humans. With this treaty the vampire council themselves will regulate and enforce our feasting habits. Not to mention - 

Ivan's eyes dropped again to Aelane who still had not moved from her position. 

Ivan: - this will allow you to be with your... lover. Sign this treaty and my mouth will be sealed to your secrets, and you may keep your position. You will save your life, your people and your love with a dash of ink, signing your name upon this parchment.  


Maximus fell silent. Even in his bewildered mind, what Ivan offered seemed logical. It was not beneficial to the witches, but it did not particularly harm them either. 

Maximus' mind started to automatically formulate stories to convince the Witch Coven to enforce this new treaty. He knew as a war hero and leader, the majority of the witches would follow his decision no matter what they were, as long as he was able to explain his way through lies. 

He thought about Aelane behind him, and her need for vengeance against the vampires. He prayed that she would not think of his cooperation as betrayal, but his way of freeing her from the chains of revenge. 

Maximus: I will sign this treaty. 

Ivan: I will prepare a peace convention for tomorrow night. One of our men will contact you of the time and place.


Maximus placed his armor back upon himself and headed towards the door. He grabbed the potions Aelane had prepared for him, and contemplated drinking them to fight against Ivan. 

Maximus: Do I have your word that you will enforce this treaty and keep silence on our secret?


Ivan: You have not only my word but my dream. I too have given my love to one other than my own, to a human, and I wish to raise our family together in peace. 


Maximus tried to find a hint of a lie in Ivan's tone, but did not detect any deception. 

Maximus: I will go and reassemble the Witch War Council in preparation for this convention and to halt tomorrow's advances.

With that, Maximus hurried out the door, back into the cold embrace of the forest night.


When Maximus' footsteps had disappeared even from Ivan's super vampiric hearing, he called out to Aelane. 

Ivan: Your skills are beyond extraordinary to create such potions for magic compatible with the human form.

Aelane finally spoke.

Aelane: Leaves. Gets OUTS of my houses!

Ivan stepped towards the bed and glared at her from above.

Aelane glared back at him with hatred clearly evident in her face. A vampire was again in the way of her life. Her revenge. 


In a lightening movement, Ivan tugged Aelane out of the bed. She struggled trying to free herself from his large hands, but she was too weak. 

Ivan: I have watched Maximus for a long time and know him to be a man of his word. You, however, are a mystery. And I have no time to observe if you will keep silent or if you will end up being a liability. 

Aelane: LETS GO OFS ME!


Ivan slammed Aelane on the table. The impact sent Aelane's head spinning. She felt his hand and body pushing her against the table. 

Ivan: I must thank you. Without you there would not have been a leverage for this treaty to be signed. I am angry at myself for not finding out about you until now. 

He paused while Aelane continued to try and free herself from his grips.

Ivan: Perhaps if I had found you earlier, this could have been avoided.


Aelane froze as Ivan started to touch her and spread her legs apart.

Ivan: Maximus is a man of honor, and fidelity is high upon his list of morals. 

He leaned in closer and draped himself over Aelane's heavily breathing body and spoke with despair in his voice.

Ivan: ...Neither you nor I am going to enjoy this. But if you thwart this treaty, my plan... Maximus will know of what is now about to take place between you and I.

Aelane started to scream, but not her screams nor her scream's echoes throughout the woods reached helpful ears. 

Ivan: Forgive me Sharon... But no one will stand in the way of my plan and our future.



***


There was initial conflict, but Ivan's treaty was signed in the presence of the Vampire and Witch Coven Council. 

It took half the month to cease all fighting and stop riots that formed in opposition to the treaty. Both sides eventually fell into a tentative calm. 

Ivan was then able to fulfill his ultimate goal, to acquire water from the Fountain of Youth hidden deep within Witch territory, and take it to his weak and dying human wife, Sharon, so they may spend an eternity together with their family. 

It was a month before Maximus found himself in Aelane's cabin once again. 

Maximus: My Aelane, you do not look well. Are you alright?


Aelane: ...I have missed your presence.

Maximus: And I yours. But all will be right. I have come for you.


Aelane tried to muster a smile to match Maximus' bright expression. 

Maximus: I have acquired a home for us to live in together, out near the border. The war is over, there is no need for us to be in secret of our affections.

Maximus let out a hearty laugh and spun Aelane around the cabin. 

Maximus: I have always been uneasy of keeping my beauty in secret. We shall celebrate with friends of the peace and of our union.


Noticing Aelane's lack of reaction, he stopped and searched her face for meaning while she avoided his gaze. 

Maximus: ...Is that not what you wished, my Aelane? ...Are you in anger of my betrayal by signing the treaty instead of being the sword of your revenge?


Aelane peered at Maximus and stroked his cheeks. 
How he could be so perfect was not something she could understand.

Aelane: No, my heros. You have dones wells. I no longer wishs for revenges. But I worrys for your well beings. Even with the war's ends, your suddens displays of affections towards a vampires is sure to raises unwanteds suspicions.


Maximus pulled in Aelane and kissed her. Aelane eagerly returned his passionate touch. 

Maximus: I care not what they think, Aelane. I cannot live apart from you any longer.


Maximus: I love you, Aelane. 

Aelane had never heard those words being directed towards her. Even her kind foster witch parents had never expressed their care for her in the form of those three little words. 

Aelane's voice choked out from her mouth. 

Aelane: ...I loves you as wells, Maximus. 

Maximus: Come! We depart at once. My men will transfer your possessions at a later time. 

Aelane: ...Maximus! Cans we nots moves tomorrows? You musts be tireds from yours efforts and travels.


Maximus: I am fine, my love. We must make haste. There will be more Peace Council meetings in the days to come and I wish to help you settle in our new home while I can. 

Aelane: I wills be fines settlings on my owns. 

Maximus: Aelane - 

Aelane: ...I wishs to stays ones mores nights in this cabins, Maximus. I... I musts says my goodbyes.


Maximus let out a sigh but nodded his head. 

Maximus: Very well. I am afraid I was trying to rush you once again, my Aelane. 

Aelane laid on the bed and covered her eyes with her arms. 

It took all she had to keep herself from shedding tears. 


Maximus laid down beside her and moved her into the comfort of his arms. Aelane lowered her arms and took pleasure from seeing and feeling Maximus close. 


They stayed in each other embrace in silence for some time.

Maximus chuckled and held Aelane's hand tighter. 

Maximus: You are looking at me as if you will never see me again in a hundred years.

Aelane: ...Its is becauses I haves nots seens you for a longs whiles. 

Maximus: You have not missed me half as much as I have longed for you.


Maximus kissed Aelane's forehead, her nose to her lips. 
He gently laid her down by the force of his kisses and hovered over her. 

He looked into the eyes of his love and brushed the stray hairs from her beautiful face.


Maximus whispered gently to Aelane while kissing her eyelids. 

Maximus: ...I am now able to take full responsibility... if you will still have me in joining our bodies as one.

The painful sensation Aelane felt when Ivan pierced her body returned and unnerved her thoughts and senses. 

She pushed Maximus away and sat up quickly. 

She buried her head in her arms and tried to erase the memories of that night.

Forget... forget... forget...


Maximus: ...I was again in a rush... I apologize. 

Aelane snapped from her mantra and realized Maximus beside her. 
His eyes were full of concern with a slight hint of embarrassment. 


Aelane: No! Maximus, I... I wishs fors thats as wells... I ams justs tireds. 

Aelane picked up Maximus' hand and held it to her heart. 

Aelane: I ams justs a bits ills. 

Maximus: ...Are you sure that is all, my love? Have I... Have I lost your affections? You are so distant since the last time I have seen you.


Aelane: Thats is not the cases, Maximus. My loves fors you is strongers thans evers befores. ...I haves beens ills sinces the lasts times you cames; I wills be fines afters a naps.

Maximus: Then you shall rest, my love. Sleep, I shall watch you until you awake.


But as tired as he was from his travels and duties, Maximus soon feel into a slumber watching Aelane fake her sleep. 

Aelane quietly slipped out of her bed and took a bottle of a bluish bubbling liquid and knelt by Maximus. 

She traced his features with her fingers. She pressed her lips onto his and smiled. 

Aelane: ...It is truly the nights to says my goodbyes.

Aelane bit her lip and let the blood trickle down her chin. 

Opening up the bottle, she allowed three drops of her blood to fall within, turning the bluish liquid into a purplish haze. 


She dipped two fingers into the potion, and drew one rune upon Maximus' forehead at a time. The runes sank slowly in turn into his head and disappeared. 

Aelane: ...Goodbye my Maximus. I am no longers a womans worthys of yours honors... or yours loves. 

Aelane took another bottle with glittering dust of multiple colors and sprinkled it upon Maximus' sleeping body. 

Maximus stood without opening his eyes, still in deep sleep.

He walked out the door and into the woods with Aelane softly sobbing behind him, watching his form disappear from her life forever. 


Unable to overcome her guilt of having her body exposed to a man other than Maximus, she had used her potion to erase herself from Maximus' memory. 

With the war over, Maximus would also no longer require her potions to fight. He would simply remember acquiring those potions from someone, but be unable to remember who that someone was. 

He would eventually awake from his sleepwalk and return to the heroic life he lived. 


Aelane spent the next months alone, suffering through nausea and backaches. 

She was pregnant.

There was no doubt that this was a result of her encounter with Ivan. 


Her daughter was born to the world, unknown to anyone but Aelane. 

Aelane carried her newborn daughter with mixed emotions. 

As much as she was the result of the deep scar that destroyed her life, Aelane would not have her daughter suffer the hardships she had as a child.

Aelane: I loves you, my childs. I loves you... I loves you.

Aelane would not let her daughter go without knowing love.

In hopes of her daughter living a beautiful life,  that is to be able to discern between what is right and what is wrong, the wisdom Aelane lacked, she named her daughter accordingly.


Her daughter grew strong and fast. Thankfully, her daughter's features matched none of her biological father, but of her own.


Raising a child softened Aelane's heart. Seeing her daughters smiling eyes, the clumsy first steps she took towards her mother, and the laughter that sprung from deep within her heart - Aelane felt her deeply rooted hatred begin to be uprooted with each glance upon her child.


Aelane however could not stop longing for Maximus. 

Even if he had forgotten her, she could not stop sneaking into nearby towns to listen for rumors of his well being while picking up provisions for her daughter.


One warm summer night, Aelane called her now child aged daughter outside. 

Aelane's daughter stood by her mother's side, uncomfortable at the heavy tension in their silence.

Aelane: What is its, my childs?

Daughter: ...Is there somethings on yours minds, mothers?

Aelane: That is verys perceptives of you my childs. I do have somethings I wishs to tells you.

Daughter: I ams listenings mothers.


Aelane: Do you haves dreams, my childs?

Daughter: A dreams? I thoughts vampires do nots dreams at nights, mothers.

Aelane: No, childs. A wishs. Somethings yours hearts desires beyonds anythings. 


Daughter: ...If I mays be truthfuls, I wishs to knows who my fathers is. I haves reads yours fairy tales and theres is always a mans presents, a fathers figures for the childs. Who is my fathers?

Her daughter did not expect an answer, as she had asked her mother many times before to no avail. 
To her surprise, Aelane answered that night. 

Aelane: He is nameds Ivan Octavian Vale. 

Daughter: Where is he nows? Why is he nots with us?

Aelane: ...That is nots a questions I can answers. But nows that I have fulfills yours dreams, you musts dreams biggers. What is your new dreams?


Aelane saw her daughter jump down and look at her with large innocent eyes. 
She lifted her eyes to the night sky. 

Aelane: Dreams gives us meanings, childs. You musts always have a dreams.

Daughter: What is yours dreams, mothers?


Aelane: I want to be humans. 

Daughter: Humans? Whys?

Aelane: Theres was a man I truely loveds. A humans. He taughts me that humans ares ables to hopes and to dreams bigs because they lives shorters lives. He taughts me what it meants to love, and to savors that loves becauses deaths draws nears. 

Aelane's daughter had a hard time understanding what her mother was telling her.

Aelane: You and I as vampires, pure vampires, lives for longs periods of times. Everythings loses its meanings throughs the longs spans of times, and we lives to see the eventual destruction of everythings arounds us, the inevitables ruins of nations, societies and of peace.


Daughter: ...Where is this mans you loves, mothers?

Aelane's daughter shivered at the lifeless, cold tone of her mother's voice. 

Aelane: He was beheadeds this mornings by the Witch's Covens for deceptions of the highest orders. A rebellion occureds in an villages but he was unables to produces any magics. They founds out he was not a witchs as he was pretendings to be, but a humans. 

Daughter: Mothers, I don't understands. 

Aelane: ...In order to upholds the Great War treaty, yours fathers exchanged informations of how Maximus acquired his powers. Your father is a great man, who will again be praised for preventing a second war from occurring. 


Daughter: ...Mothers, I hears footsteps. 

Aelane: It is alrights, my child. 


Daughter: ...There are many footsteps, mothers! I am not mistaken.

Aelane: My love, I will ask you again, what is your dream?

Daughter: ...I don't know Mother! I am afraid!


Aelane: ...It is alright my child. ...Go into the woods towards the ponds and draws me some waters. 

Daughter: ...But-!

Aelane: Now, my loves. If it is indeeds footsteps you hears, we must extinguishs this fire least we give aways our position. 


Daughter: Yes, Mother. I will returns as soon as I cans with the waters!


As soon as her daughter was out of sight, Aelane stood and faced towards the sound of footsteps approaching. 

Aelane: Maximus... forgive me. It seems my shortcoming ended your lifes sooners than it shoulds haves. 


Aelane looked again towards the navy blue sky. The stars shined bright but all she saw was Maximus' face. 

Aelane: ...I have found a new hope, my hero, a new dream. I had thought you would be the only one to capture my heart, but again I was wrong. 


Aelane held a thin silver blade in her hands. 


She was afraid, but the images of the past several years flashed before her eyes, comforting her. 

Aelane: She is a wonderful child, Maximus... I hope... I dream she will become as human as you were, my love. 


Aelane: ...They must never find her.


Aelane's daughter froze as she heard the crowd of footsteps stop at about the location of her home. 

To her relief, moments later, she heard the same amount of footsteps fade off into the distance. 

Whoever they were, they left in peace. 

She sighed in relief, and proceeded to lug the pail of water back to her cabin. 


Upon arrival, she dropped her pail of water at the sight before her young eyes. 



She slowly dragged her feet to the blooded body of her mother that was clenching a blade in her hands. 

Daughter: ...M...M..Mother...?


She shook her mother's dying body with her tiny hands.

Daughter: Mothers...? Mothers, wake up. MOTHERS!


Aelane: ...child... you... make.. my... dream... come... true...

Daughter: ...Mother, pleases NO! Don'ts leaves me! NO!


Her daughter cried over her mother and just barely saw that her mother's lips continued moving. She leaned in near to  hear her Mother's last whispering words.

Aelane: ...Sacrifce... makes... dreams... come true.


With that, her lips silenced forever. 


--------------------------------------


Sophia: She endeds her lifes befores the witches founds her so they woulds not knows abouts her daughters. 

Cloud: ...What happened to the girl?

Sophia: She wandereds through the streets for severals years, livings offs the generositys of strangers. People naturallys seemeds to be attracteds towards her. She attributeds it to her mothers watchings her from her afterlifes. She was eventuallys founds by her fathers, Ivan, who tooks her in seeing a similaritys between her and the womans he hads sinneds againsts years befores.

Cloud: ...Isn't there a happy ending to this fairy tale? That's kind of depressing. 

Sophia: That was not a fairy tale. 

Cloud: A movie?

Sophia sighed heavily and held back her tears. 

Sophia: That is the story of my mother. 

Cloud was about to make sarcastic comments of his disbelief, but through Sophia's pained countenance, he knew she was not joking. 


Cloud: ...I'm sorry.

Sophia: My Father still does not know that I am truly his biologicals childs. 

Cloud: How do you know this story then?

Sophia: I wanted to find out what had happened to my mother. A man I know, named Pipper, gave me a potion to see flashes of the past to anyone's head I touch. I touched my own to see these events involving my mother.

Cloud: Now that I think about it, Angelus did the same thing. That man, Maximus, the one with the eypatch? I saw someone like that in the things I saw when he touched me. 


This news worried Sophia. Does this mean that Angelus too knew of her origins?

Sophia: At first I approached Pippers for the potions out of curiosity of the dream my mother tolds me she hads. But after seeing what had happened to her... I have nevers beens able to forgets what I saw throughs the flashbacks, of what happeneds to my mothers. I will nevers be ables to fully forgives myselfs, my fathers, or witches until I  forget this... this pasts - but I cannots forgets. 

I paused, trying to sound more confident. 

Sophia: I feels responsibles for what happeneds to my mothers. As the ones to carrys her genes, I musts be the one to carrys on her legacys and her dreams. Her dreams to become humans. My mother was a caring and loving womans. She woulds have nevers directeds me downs the wrong paths. What she willeds for me is the paths I musts takes.


Cloud: Let me guess... and you need my help to do it?

I grabbed him by his hand. My own were shaking.


I closed my eyes, trying to calm my breathing. 

Sophia: Nos. Cloud... you... You ares the ones who will breaks my mother's dreams. 


I stood unable to face him, unable to forgive myself for wanting this. 

Sophia: You... You are the ones who will saves me froms this dreams. 

Cloud: UH, what? 

Sophia: Pippers has anothers powers, to allow his clients sees visions in answers to their questions they repeats in their minds while he channels Pepper's spirits. At first, I askeds in my minds who will be the persons to help me completes the potions to transform me into a human beings. 

I paused, trying to search for understanding in Cloud's face. I couldn't tell if he understood completely.

Sophia: ...But I saws nothings. But in my minds, the question I trulys wanted to asks surfaced."Who wills saves me from this dreams? Who wills saves me froms havings to lives my mother's dreams?" That is whens you appeareds in my visions, Cloud. I have not even told Pippers of my true question, my true desire.


Cloud: ...I don't get what you're saying. So, basically, you want me to play the villain?

Sophia: ...Cloud... pleases. 

I looked earnestly in his eyes. 

Sophia: Deeps downs I knows... I knows this not whats I wants. I don't wants ...

I paused, disgusted at my own selfish desires. 

Sophia: Pleases... I don't wants to be humans. 


Well, there you go. The real reasons why Sophia was looking for Cloud.

Everyone has their own dreams, but there are many that try to live the dream of others, or the dreams that are forced upon them by their parents, or their friends. 

Sophia is trapped in that same state, too weak, too soft, unable to break free of it on her own.

I am getting quite tired of adding the 's' for their accent in their dialogue... I wished I picked another accent that's easier and less annoying to type haha. Sophia is missing her contacts in these screenshots, forgot to put them back on in her outfit, so I apologize for the difference from the previous entries.

Now that she has asked Cloud, what will he say? Why did Angelus arrange their meeting?

Until next time. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I changed my template, and all the comments disappeared...! I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaws sorry about the comments, but the theme looks fantastic! I felt so bad for Alaene and her destiny seemed so cruel. I hope she is with Maximums now. Also, I'm really interested in this story! I think that Cloud could be an important piece in her new dreams - And I am really excited to see how it turns out! Thank you for writing such awesome stories, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so incredibly sweet! I just hope people don't think I went and just deleted their comments :( I hope you continue to enjoy the story arc, it makes me glad you like reading them as I really do enjoy trying to make these up haha.

      And you need to continue to write yours too! I was more than once inspired after reading your stories.

      Delete

Suggestions, comments? Let me know what you think!

NOTICE

Changing to this template unfortunately deleted all previous comments, I apologize! Thank you to all who left comments/suggestions previously. I will not forget them!

Welcome!

Please see the Story Guide to aid your reading selection. Hope you enjoy!

Current Story Arc Beginning:

Posting Schedule: 1-2/week

Top Reads

Powered by Blogger.