Fragments of Memories, Sown together with Words

Saturday, July 5, 2014

[SE] With My Own Eyes

Every gift comes with a curse.


Pipper sat at his pond, like always.

Pipper: She's coming tonight, isn't she, Pepper? Wonder if she will ask to see him again.

Pipper whistled Pepper's favorite tune, and listened to her talk about the thousands of stars sparkling in the sky. She talked about the colorful birds she had seen pass by, and the baby deer that were born the other night.


Sophia approached Pipper's pond. She told herself she wouldn't ask Pipper for this favor again, but after meeting with Miki, she had to make sure. 

Pipper: Hey Fia. You're here early.

Sophia: Yous were expectings mes?

Pipper shrugged his shoulders.

Pipper: When have I not known you'll be coming?


Sophia joined Pipper at his favorite rock and dipped her feet into the cold, clear water. 

Pipper: Pepper missed you.

Sophia: I sees.

Pipper: Aren't you going to say hello?

Sophia: I can'ts sees hers or hears hers. You knows this.

Pipper kicked his feet in the water, creating large ripples that distorted his reflection on the surface. 
He mumbled in a grumpy voice,

Pipper: That doesn't mean you can't say hello.


Sophia: ...I needs to sees hims agains.

Pipper: Are you close?

Sophia: Yes, I thinks I am closes to meetings hims.

Pipper: I figured as much. Well, you're outta of luck, Pepper's not in a happy mood today.


Sophia: Peppers is nevers in the moods. 

Pipper: That's cause you're always so mean to her... meanie.

Sophia: Pippers. Pleases. 


Pipper groaned and put on a large frown. 

Pipper: Alright, alright... You've brought the payment right?

Sophia: Yes.

Sophia placed a small vial in Pipper's hand. Opening the lid, Pipper smelled the contents, nodded, and recapping it, put the vial in his pocket.

Pipper: Alright, Pepper. She brought the goods, its time to work. What's that? Yeah, I know, but we can work that out later ok?

Sophia: What's the matters?

Pipper: Oh, nothing. Pepper is being a little bratty today. 


Pipper: Let's hope its the same guy again this time. Let's go Pepper.

Pipper stared in the direction of the center of the pond. 

His orange eyes started to glow bright. 


Pipper: Are you looking, Fia?

Sophia: Yes.

Pipper: See anything?

Sophia: Nos.


Pipper: Aw, c'mon Pepper! She doesn't see anything yet, keep going! Whaddya mean that's her problem?! She paid, damnit, we need this.

Sophia: Waits.



A man's form began to materialize in the pond's depths and slowly rise to the surface. 

It was the same man as before, the same man as always. The orange hair. The nose. The chin. 

Sophia got up on her knees and tried reaching out to the man. 

Pipper grabbed her out stretched arm before it reached the man in the pond and pulled it back towards her.

Pipper: No touching, Fia. I told you. You will break the vision. 

Sophia looked at the man floating in the water. For a vision, he looked so real, like real flesh upon water.


Pipper: Is it the same guy?

Sophia: Yes.

Pipper: I guess he's really the one then, right?


Pipper's eyes dimmed once again, and the vision of the man disappeared from the ponds surface.

Pipper: Do you know his name?

Sophia: ...Cloud.

Pipper: Cloud, huh. Well, let's just hope he goes along with it.


Pipper looked onto the pond and felt Sophia's warmth besides him. 

Pipper: I guess once you find him, you won't come visit me as often.

Sophia: I wills comes onces I haves alls of its for yous to completes my request.

Pipper: ...Well, okay. You have to come back to me, and me only to finish it okay?

Sophia: Ifs theres is anothers ones of your kinds theres, I wills asks thems to finishs its.

Pipper: No! Fia, you have to come back to me!

Pipper frantically tried to grab Sophia's arms. Sophia gently moved away and nodded.

Pipper: ...Well? Say something!

Sophia: ...Yes, I wills comes backs to yous.

Pipper: You better, Fia! You, you're the only friend I have... well besides Pepper, but I don't thinks she counts. Anyway... by then... by then I will also have my task finished and ready to go, I promise! Then Pepper won't have to keep telling me about everything around me.

Sophia looked gently into Pipper's orange eyes. 

Sophia: What's thats gots to do withs mes?

Pipper paused and hung his head. He reflected on his emotions before replying.

Pipper: ...Fia. I... Ever since I met you, there's been a new meaning to completing my task.

Pipper reached out his hand and found Sophia's face.


Pipper: Once this curse is lifted...I want you to be the first person I see. 

Pipper smiled at Sophia, the first person who hadn't treated him like the low class supernatural he was.

Pipper: You Fia... You're the first thing I want to see in this world. 
...You'll be the first person that I'll ever see with my own two eyes.


Yes... this next arc is going to have supernaturals in it too - just fyi. I think I am going to have all my supernatural fun this generation and leave it out with the next.

Let me do a little explanation of who Pipper is, and the small role he will play in the next story arc - for those who don't want a little info and want to find out the rest through the arc, stop reading!

There is a hierarchy in the supernatural realm, and Pipper is classified as one of the lowest rank, because he is unable to live within society like other higher ranking supernaturals because of his physical appearance (horns). This also puts fairies as part of the lowest rank, because of thier wings. 

Pipper was born possed by a spirit (named Pepper), similarly in the way Niki was sharing a body with her sisters. However, Pepper was forcibly placed within Pipper (by whom I won't say yet), and the two became friends with an understanding that she wants to be as free as he wanted to be free. 

Being possessed rendered him blind and physically weak, but also gave him powers through Pepper to see short flashes into his immediate future (uncontrollable) and to give visions to people to answer a question the person has. 

Because Pipper is blind, and Pepper is the spirit medium during the ritual, they are unable to find out any answers to questions he may have by using their powers.

This of course, comes at a price to Pipper and Pepper, physically and mentally, so they don't offer their services for free. They found out a way to free Pepper from his body, and take the necessary "ingredients" from clients for payment for this service.

Researching on how to free Pepper from himself, Pipper has extensive knowledge of magic, especially in the way of curses, potions and elixirs.

Sophia heard rumors of Pipper and sought him out at his pond to fulfill her goals - and we will find out what those goals are in the next entry.

On the side note... Pipper is the first Sim I ever used sliders on Q_Q! I am having a lot of fun with this new feature and am mad at not using it before. I don't use all of them, but here is a list for those who are interested: ShockShame has a List.

Also, I realize I am spending more time developing the legacy heir's spouses, rather than the heirs themselves... please, bear with me for now haha.

Poses: siosims3, Dreamangel, IMHO, simsimi, Fierce, Slosims3, MHO, Skylar, Tumtum, Simiolino, Aeon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions, comments? Let me know what you think!

NOTICE

Changing to this template unfortunately deleted all previous comments, I apologize! Thank you to all who left comments/suggestions previously. I will not forget them!

Welcome!

Please see the Story Guide to aid your reading selection. Hope you enjoy!

Current Story Arc Beginning:

Posting Schedule: 1-2/week

Top Reads

Powered by Blogger.