Fragments of Memories, Sown together with Words

Monday, July 7, 2014

[2.8 Fia] Sacrifice Makes Dreams

Sacrifice makes dreams come true.

Those are the last words my mother whispered into my ears before her death. 


Hello. My name is Sophia Vale. 
5'8". Blonde. Silver Eyes. 

My accent that adds unnecessary long 's' ending to words in speech, as well as my physical appearance was given to me by my mother.

Dislikes: jokes, liars. 
Likes: style, lies. 

After all, you can hate the messenger, but not the message delivered.

Yes, I am a vampire.


This is my equivalent of what humans call family.

Father married a human woman. She gave birth to two dhampirs, half human half vampire, sons. 

I am the product of my father's one night affair with my vampire mother, making me the only pure vampire to bears his Vale name.


Father is a war hero in Moonlit Falls, our homeland.

In the supernatural realm, those who are able to live within human society undetected are ranked high class. 

I always found this ironic, as supernaturals, vampires in particular, are always looking down upon these mere mortals and their lack of power.

Witches and vampires have always been at the top of this hierarchy. For hundreds of years, the two were at war vying for territorial occupation for their kind in various human districts. 

The last Great War between the two ended in a truce 200 years ago with a treaty composed by Father. 

It is unknown how he had persuaded the witch coven's leader to sign and enforce the treaty despite the fact vampires were at a great disadvantage during the Great War. 

Within our coven, Father is revered, although in a lower hierarchy within the coven itself in terms of physical and political power. 


Seth is Father's first son by his wife. My half brother. 

He is a pompous bastard who is overprotective and selfish. 

Speaking of him puts a nasty taste in my mouth, so let us move on.


The other is Angelus. 

There is also not much to mention about my other half brother. 
He does not interact with my affairs, and I not with his. 


Finally, Sharon Alexandra Vale. 
The coven call her the Black Acacia. 

My stepmother is a woman of beauty, wisdom, and love.
In short, Acacia is a dangerous woman. 

Acacia is the first human to become a member of the coven's political council. Her role within the council is one of pretense, however, as a demonstration to other supernaturals that a human was within their midst, a full incorporation of human society into the vampiric world.

She is a woman with strong beliefs on total elimination of segregation. Her strong proposals to pursue her dream,  however, always fell onto deaf ears within the council.


Acacia taught me many things about humans.

One thing in particular caught my interest.

"Listen, Miss Fia. In the future when supernaturals are able to roam free with humans, remember this. Food is the way to a human's heart. I don't know any man or woman that won't open up over a good meal. Food is how you will make human friends."

"Hows wills I makes foods for humans ifs vampires can'ts tastes it? I'ves hads yours foods, and theys alls tastes likes nothings."

"Well, you could always buy them food instead, but I think your heart is in the right place. Home cooked meals are always the best. Ok, I will teach you."

"Teaches mes?"

"Technically, you don't need to taste the food to cook it. It's just a matter of following recipe instructions, and getting enough practice to get the feel for how to make a dish. Then eventually your food will come out tasting good all the time."


Acacia brought me to her personal kitchen and started to teach me how to cook human food. 

"Well, how does it taste Miss Fia?"

"Its stills tastes likes nothings to mes."

"Ah, yes... Well just keep going and follow the instructions I gave you. Next is the salt."


Although I couldn't taste what I was making, the process of cooking was simpler and more interesting than I had thought. 

Acacia eventually started giving longer and more complicated recipes for me to try. 

My cooking skills improved, and I could start discerning the smell differences of my dishes to gauge the quality of the food's tastes. 


Since Acacia was the only human around that could taste my cooking, she was the only one I could ask for an opinion. 

"Hm... I really think you have a talent for this Miss Fia. This tastes better than what most restaurants serve."

"Are yous sures?"

"I can serve some to Seth if you'd like and get his opinion. Your brothers seem to be able to at least taste something when they eat solid food, and with something this good I think he'll even like it."

"Nos. That's is fines."


I did not care what other vampires thought about my cooking.

The rest of the dish always got thrown away after Acacia gave me her opinion on the quality of my cooking. 

There was no one else to eat it. 


Even if it seemed like a waste, I needed to keep practicing and learn the way to a human's heart.

I didn't practice cooking for nothing.


Before I moved in with Father and his family, I spent many hours in front of the TV watching humans. 

Behind the screen I watched certain humans being worshiped and loved by hundreds of other human beings. 

I eventually learned these were stars, celebrities that are famous among humans and receive much of their love and money. 

Days, to months to years, I found myself watching these celebrities and the life they lived.

The life everyone wants to live.

For me its impossible. I could not stay out in the sun for filming. I would not age, and being famous in the human world meant constant attention - which would pull attention at the fact I was different - not human. 

That lead me to one conclusion. 


I heard of a man called Pipper, who had ways of elixirs and a use of special power, for a price.  

His first response to me was not a kind one. 

"Pepper says she doesn't think you can afford our price, sorry."

"I wills pays whatevers prices. At leasts just listens to mys requests."

"...Well alright. What do you want us to do?"

I told him my request.


Pipper stood still for a minute before bursting into fits of laughter, slapping my face accidentally with his hands while moving. 

"...HAHA... you're kidding right? Aren't you a vampire?"

"Yes."

"A dhampir?"

"Nos, I'm a pures vampires."

"You must be crazy then. You're in like the highest of high position here. Why are you asking for this?"

I had no business telling him my reasons.

"Look here, I don't know what crazy fight you had with your parents or boyfriend or whatever that you decided to come here and rebel like this, but I do my job seriously. I'm not a joke."

When I didn't leave, he returned to the pond and sat on his rock for awhile, whistling a tune. 
After half an hour of me just standing there, he returned to speak to me.


"Okay okay... so you're serious. I have to let you know, what you're asking for is not easy."

"I nevers says its would be easys. I apologizes fors inconveniencings yous likes this, but this is whats I wants."

Pipper stood and mumbled a few sentences to this Pepper.


Then suddenly Pipper erupted into a long lengthy explanation of what it meant to get what I want.

"...then you will lose your super strength and not to mention your super speed, not to mention probably your glowy eyes which Pepper finds really pretty and what about-"

I tried to tell him to stop, but he would not let me put in a word through his string of complaints. I held up my hands in a motion to try to stop him from speaking, but he didn't seem to notice my gestures.


"...you're also going to have to go to you know that place they always talks about to get that one ingredient, trust me that place is freezing, and one client I had even almost died trying to get that other ingredient although I guess he was kind of stupid-"

Finally I had enough.

"Pippers. Shuts ups."

His words immediately stopped spurting from his mouth. I grabbed him by the shoulders and stared into his eyes. 

"Are yous goings to helps mes or nots?"

That's when I noticed how shallow his eyes were. 
They were a bright orange, but there was no shine nor reflection. 
Then I saw a flicker of an image of a young girl's face deep inside his eyes. 

Surprised, I jumped back, pushing him in the process. 


Pipper hit the boulder behind him. Thankfully his horns hit the boulder first, blocking his head from hitting the rock as well. 

Shocked, I helped him up to his feet.

"Pippers, are you alrights? I ams so sorrys, Pippers, are you oks?"

Pipper shook his head and moaned. Then quickly he got on his knees and bowed his head.

"...I'm sorry, please... please don't hurt me. I swear I'll shut up..."

"...Pippers, thats was my faults. Pleases, forgives me."

After a moment, Pipper stood back up with a concerned look on his face.

"...You're not going to hurt me?"

"Nos. Whys?"

"...Others... when they ask for my help and I refuse they- well never mind."

He stood there for a moment before speaking softly.

"Thanks."


Then his expression crumpled again and he was back to his annoying ramblings. 

"...and you're so nice too! Why gamble on something like this?"

I again, did not reply.

Pipper ruffled his hair with his hands.

"Fia... Why... Why do you want to become human?"


It was strange hearing my request being told to me out loud by another.

"I justs needs to knows ifs you cans helps me or nots."

"I don't get it though."

I sighed and stepped close to him. Then in the same way my mother had done, I whispered softly in his ears,

"Sacrifice makes dreams come true."


I pulled away and waited for his response. 

He closed his eyes in thought. Without opening them he spoke.

"You've thought about this?"

"Yes."

"You sure you want this."

"Yes."

"Are you absolutely sure because-"

I grabbed him by his horns and shook his head, releasing the pent up annoyance towards his immaturity.

"I AM SURES. I am SURES so justs tells mes HOWS."


Pipper pulled a small container attached to a string from his pocket. 

"Take this. It's similar to the one I have around my neck. It's a special vial that you will use to collect your ingredients. It will condition them until you bring them all back to me to make the final product."

"Whats are the ingredients?"

"That I will tell you one by one as you bring in payment. There is an order you need to put them into this vial as well. This necklace is on the house though. And I never do that... so... yeah..."

I took the necklace. He told me his required payment for the name of the next ingredient. 
I thanked him and left.

As I was out of sight, I heard Pipper speaking to Pepper.

"Yeah... I know I know... there is no order you need to put it in the vial... What you mean its cause I want to see her more often? I just wanted to squeeze more payment out of her that's all! No, Pepper, I didn't ask for the easiest ingredient! It's a whole mile away from here you know..."

Apparently he doesn't know vampires also have super hearing.

I did not mind he lied because I was afraid. 

I did not mind because... I also lied to him. 

I... I do not want to become human.
Sophia

First, a precaution - I was never into vampires so... if I mess something up regarding common vampire lore.. say something. Please.

I keep squeezing Pipper into these entries xD I really like him for no apparent reason. If you haven't, please read the entry before this to learn a little more about him :)

I decided to be sneaky and save some of Sophia's intentions until a later entry... but there is nice information in this entry to get you prepared for stuff that will be happening during the rest of this story arc. I do have a general outline of what will happen, but if you have any suggestions for what you think should or will happen, don't hesitate to let me know!

I don't think anyone noticed, but Seth did get a slight makeover! I figured since he isn't part of the actual legacy I could go ahead and do so.

Poses: simsimi, IMHO, MHO, siosims3, dreamangel, fierce, skylar, tumtum, simiolion, aeon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions, comments? Let me know what you think!

NOTICE

Changing to this template unfortunately deleted all previous comments, I apologize! Thank you to all who left comments/suggestions previously. I will not forget them!

Welcome!

Please see the Story Guide to aid your reading selection. Hope you enjoy!

Current Story Arc Beginning:

Posting Schedule: 1-2/week

Top Reads

Powered by Blogger.