Fragments of Memories, Sown together with Words

Thursday, July 10, 2014

[2.9 Cloud] First Impressions

*minor language warning for this entry*

"...Hello?"

"BRO, you finally pick up your damn phone! I've been trying to reach you like crazy crazy."

"Cloud? Ah, yeah sorry. Been busy."

"You been so low key man since you got a girl. That ain't fair to your brother man, not cool."

"..."

"...Tae? Bro, I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Listen, I got something really weird to tell ya. How's college treating you though?"

"Not bad. Finals are soon, I'll be home a week after."

"That's so awesome! Man, I knew you were smart but you, finishing college-"

"...Not graduating. Just finishing the semester."

"-whatever man. That's still an achievement. Pat yourself on the back."

"...What is it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh, right, so listen close... just like yesterday this happened....


"I went to meet JJ and Ricky at our usual spot."

"JJ?"

"Yeah, you've met them. 'member? Jace the one that always has a hat on and Joey the guy that's glued to his side. And Ricky-"

"Right, and Ricky is that friend of yours that always has no shirt on... so what happened?"



Ricky: Cloud...! Thought you weren't rollin' up today.

Cloud: Yeah, sorry man. You know how it is.


Cloud: But you all look like dead men. We not doin' anything today?

Ricky: Well we would, ...but Mr. Sensitive here ain't makin' anything easy today.

Jace: Seriously, f*** you Ricky. 

Cloud: You alright? What happened?


Ricky: Well... you know that friend of yours that you introduced to us? The scrawny one, glasses... his name... uh... oh c'mon you know man. That weirdo.

Cloud: Uh - Gabe?

Ricky: ...Right right, that was his name. So, remember how he mentioned he had a twin? 

Cloud: ...Yeah, Ginger. She doesn't look anything like him. What's that gotta-


Joey: Jace got dumped. By that chick. 

Ricky: Well, Jace getting dumped isn't new but-

Jace: It's cause that PRICK went and told her that I was a f***n idiot that can't count my own f***n toes. She be accusing me of all this shit saying how her brother told her everything or some shit.


Cloud: Are you serious?!

Joey: It's true you suck at math tho.

Jace: That ain't got shit to do with my life man. Man, she was just my type too, but seriously, what the f***.

Ricky: Jace, man, no kicking the boxes. This place be already falling apart. Anyway, Cloud, so we've been talkin' and dude, sorry but - Gabe's gotta go.


Cloud: What you mean go? What you mean GO? That ain't fair, Rick. We haven't even heard what Gabe's gotta say.

Ricky: But it's not right for him to be telling on us like that . I know you were the one who brought him in, but I can take him out myself if you can't. Don't want you to stick your head in where you don't want to.

Cloud: Hey - Chill. Let me chat with him first, yeah? There's probably a... misunderstanding.

Jace: No misunderstanding or miscommunication, no nothing. Cloud, that b**** said it herself that Gabe's been dissing on me, on all of us. 


Cloud: Hey, take it easy. Nothing is goin' to happen til I talk with him. 

Ricky: You know talkin' isn't going to solve anything. What's been done is done.

Cloud: A misunderstanding, I'm telling you!

Ricky: You callin' Jace a liar?

Cloud: No! No, man, I'm just sayin'-

Jace: Yeah, Cloud, man, this ain't right. We were being played, man, PLAYED. You first, who knows what he's been saying behind your-

Cloud: Shut it, Jace. He ain't like that. Stop talking about Gabe like-

Joey: Ugh...!!! Can't we all just shut up?


Joey: Jace, you. Are. A. F***n. Retard. She would have found out anyway and kicked you. 

Ricky: Dude... ouch... hahaha.

Cloud: ...Hey, Jo, you're being too rough on him. 

Joey: I am not being too rough on him. He needs to get over this chick and stop shitting my day with his drama.

Cloud: Hey - man, apologize. 


Jace: No, it's aight. Jo's right.

Cloud: Jace - that's-

Joey: -yes, that's exactly right. Can we please move on?


Ricky: Aw... How cute. Yeah, forget girls Jace and go for Joey. You JJ are always together anyway. Hahahaha~

Jace: You're sick man. That's not even funny.


Joey: I feel like I'm going to puke dude.

Cloud: So... Gabe's cool with us right?

Ricky: Weellll... You know me. If he's cool with you, he's aight with me but... 


Jace: Speak of the devil, here comes pretty boy now.

Joey: ...damn today is really not your day.

Jace: Dunno 'bout that yet.


Cloud: Yeah, Jace. Look, just ask him. I'm sure his sister was just makin' a big deal outta nothin'...

Jace: Uh huh.


Cloud: Yo, Gabe! Listen, man. We got a bit of a situation here... Jace's been telling us you've been - uh, saying to Ginger some stuff about him that ain't true. I want to clear up this misunderstanding, you know?


Gabe: ...I'm sorry. I... she... heard... ran...

Cloud: What did you say? Speak up, Gabe.

Ricky: Yeah, spill it.

Gabe: ...I'm sorry for the way Ginger behaved. She overheard me complaining to myself that I wasn't able to turn in my homework again because Jace didn't give it back after borrowing it to copy-

Joey:  You're kidding. Again, Jace? Seriously?

Ricky: Man, you really are stupid aren't you, hahaha

Gabe: ...and she ran off to you before I was able to catch her and deny or explain anything to her. I told her she heard me wrong when she got back but she told me it was already too late and I... I-


Cloud: What did I tell ya? A misunderstanding that's all.

Ricky: You can stop Gabe, think we got the picture.


Cloud: Yeah, thanks for showing up man. We've been on edge all afternoon cause of this.

Ricky: You can thank Cloud that your behind isn't kicked outta here man, he -

Cloud: Jace, dude, SHIT! what are you doing?


Gabe: Jace... wait-

Jace: You're about to kiss the ground, you f*** - 

Cloud: HEY, STOP. Lay off him, man, STOP.

Joey: Veerryyy mature.

Cloud: JACE, let go, damnit, will you-

Ricky: Just let him be, man. He ain't gonna hurt him that much. 

Joey: Actually, you might want to stop. 

Cloud: THANK YOU! Joey, man, grab him will ya?

Joey: Uh, that's not why. 

Ricky: What you pointing at?


Ginger: GET OFF OF HIM NOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

Cloud: Ginger! Whoa - WAIT-

Jace: What the - OOMPPPHHH-

Ricky: AHAHAHA... the hell? Did she just TACKLE him? DUDE-

Joey: Yep, this girl really is Jace's type.


Cloud: This CAN'T be happening.

Ricky: AHAHAHA... it's happenin' man. It's happenin'! 

Cloud: Man, what if he broke something? Twisted somethin'? This isn't funny, we gotta stop this - 

Joey: Stop getting so excited. Just a few bruises.

Ricky: Yeah, Cloud. This shit is hilarious.


Jace: Ginger? Girl, what the hell was that?

Ginger: ...

Jace: Stop poutin' 'k? I was just having fun with your bro here.

Ginger: You suck.


Jace: Aight...I'll give ya 10 seconds to apologize, cause I'm a gentleman, 'k? 1. 2. 3.

Joey: Don't you usually count DOWN, not up?

Jace: Shut up man, I'm countin'.


Jace: 4. 5. 6....



"...Cloud? Why are you laughing?"

"Ah... man, sorry sorry, my bad. It's just... I shouldn't be laughing, but what happened was pretty damn hilarious."

"What happened?"


"Ginger, she just walked up to him and kicked him. In his NUTS, man. his... ahahaha..."

"...I'm not sure why that's funny."

"Right? RIGHT? Me too, but its hilarious thinking back on it now hahaha... Ok, yeah, you're right, it's not funny, sorry man."

"Cloud...Is that what you called to tell me?"

"No, no, keep listenin' I'm not done yet."


Cloud: JACE, man, are you ok? SHIT man, I...

Joey: I highly doubt he's "ok."

Ricky: AHAHAHAHA... man... tonight's the best. 

Cloud: Jace, man... you want some... ice or something?

Jace: ...Don't... Say... Anything. F***.


Ginger: Teehee. How's that for an apology you goof?!

Cloud: Ginger you went too far.

Ginger: Cloud! You saw what he was doing to poor Gabe-

Jace: I'm outta here.


Joey: Jace, hold up. 

Jace: ...

Joey: Ricky, you goin'?

Ricky: Ahaha... yeah man. Let's get some drinks. It's Jace's turn to grab 'em for us right?

Jace: F*** you man, I just got kicked in my balls. F*** off.

Ricky: So? 

Jace: Ugh, whatever. Let's just bail, 'k?

Ricky: Cloud, you comin'?


Cloud: Uhm...

Gabe: ...Go with them Cloud. 

Cloud: You goin'?

Jace: The hell he's goin'. He can go f*** himself and his sister.

Ginger: WHY YOU-

Gabe: Ginger, STOP. Cloud, go.


Ricky: Cloud, let's go, man. I've got some catchin' up to do with you.

Cloud: ...Sorry man, think I'll pass.


Ricky: ...Don't be like that, man. We need to hang out more.

Joey: Ricky, drop it. Cloud, catch up later 'k?

Ricky: ...Whatever. You know where we'll be.

Cloud: Yeah, I'll be there later.

Joey: Cool, so we good? Let's go.


Gabe: I apologize, Cloud. 

Cloud: No, man. Ya know me. It's cool.


Gabe: Ginger, why exactly are you still here?

Ginger: Can't I hang out where I want to? Geez.


Ginger: Besides, tonight's gonna be a crazy night. I can just feel it.

Gabe: ...Whatever. Just go home, ok?

Ginger: You suck too, Gabe. I came to rescue you and everything - 


Gabe: I DON'T need rescuing! OK? Just piss off and leave me alone.

Cloud: Gabe, it's true. She was pretty amazing back there, ya know?

Ginger: Thank you Cloud! You're always nice and recognize how great I am~ Hey, if you're free you know my offer's still open~ Now that I got rid of that ogre-

Gabe: GINGER!


Ginger: I'm just saying... I'm available now that's all.

Cloud: Haha, I'll think 'bout it.

Ginger: DO think about it. You have my number already.


Gabe: Please, don't call her. You deserve better.

Ginger: OH, like you're SOOO much better.

Cloud: You two are real close, ey?

Gabe & Ginger: NO.

Cloud: Ahuh. 


Ginger: Stop messing with my life, Gabe. You're so annoying! I'm leaving. 

Gabe: Good.... Hey, make sure to walk on the sidewalks. Don't go down the alleyways.

Ginger: I'm not a child, you're the same age as me. 

Gabe: Whatever.

Cloud: Later, Ginger. 

Ginger: Later Cloud~


Gabe: God, I'm so sorry. 

Cloud: Like I said, it's aight. She's cute. 

Gabe: She is not cute. You're not seriously going to call her right?

Cloud: Probably not. We got our girl policies. But who knows, maybe after some time I'll ring her up.

Gabe: ...please, the last thing I want is for you to fall into her claws.

Cloud: Haha... thanks. But did you have something to say to me? You kept looking at me in that way the whole time she was here.


Gabe: Ah yeah. Actually I have a favor to ask.

Cloud: What's up?

Gabe: It's about that one occult website I've been lurking around lately.

Cloud: Oh, right right. Why, did someone post something cool on there?

Gabe: There's a thread on there that claims that vampires are real, and you can meet them. REAL vampires. The front pages of the thread are mostly explaining the lengthy procedures for how to go about finding one...

Cloud: Yeah, I remembered you tried some of those. 

Gabe: What a load of bull that was too, right? 

Cloud: Why'd you do them then?

Gabe: Whatever. And then about a month ago, a poster named "AV" posted that he/she is a REAL vampire that would like to meet humans, and said to e-mail them if we were interested.

Cloud: That's cool. So you can sign up to meet a man in a vampire costume.

Gabe: But Cloud! The posts after that are from people that met with this AV and they were all like... super excited and wanted to meet again.

Cloud: I guess you signed up for this meeting right?

Gabe: Yeah. Tonight. Here.

Cloud: Here?! What were you gonna do if the others were here?

Gabe: Well... there's always safety in numbers. I was actually really glad you decided to stay.

Cloud: Gaw - you know I'm not too into this stuff right?

Gabe: I know... Sorry to drag you into this... again.

Cloud: ...NAH... c'mon this is gonna be AWESOME! Vampires man, we get to meet a VAMPIRE. Please let it be a girl vampire. I heard vampire chicks are hot.


Cloud: BRING 'EM ON!

Gabe: ...What are you doing...?


"So we waited around for a while."

"You called mother and let her know?"

"Yeah yeah, I called her and said I was sleeping over."

"How is she by the way?"

"She's - ...she's fine. Anyway-"



Cloud: I thought you said AV was one person.

Gabe: ...That's what I was thinking. 

Cloud: So no vampire chicks tonight. Ah well.


Cloud: ...Is that what vampires look like? They just look like dudes that needs some sun to me.

Gabe: ...


Cloud: ...what exactly are we suppose to do anyway?

Gabe: I... don't... know.

Cloud: *sigh* ...HEY, you two the vampires?


Gabe: AV?

Angelus: ...Yes, you are Gabe, I presume. I am Angelus, and this is Seth.

Gabe: ...Yeah, nice to... uh... nice to meet you... I guess?

Cloud: Sorry man, my friend here wasn't expecting two guys to show up.

Angelus: I would say the same, I did not know you would be attending.

Gabe: ...Cloud... I-

Seth: Enough talk, can we just get to it already? I'm freaken thirsty.

Cloud: Dude, stop coming closer. What are you-


Angelus: Stop.

Seth: What?

Angelus: ...You are Cloud.

Cloud: So what?

Angelus: ...I see.


Cloud: Look, I don't know what kind of business you two are runnin' but this ain't cool. Callin' out people in the middle of the night and gangin' up on one guy. What if I wasn't here, what were ya gonna do to Gabe, huh? That's what a freaken coward would do.


Seth: Coward?! You little f***, I'm going to-

Angelus: SETH.

Seth: WHAT?!


Angelus: How many times how I told you not to lose your tempter on business?

Seth: ...But he-

Angelus: I am ashamed of your behavior. 


Seth: God...Just get along with it.

Cloud: Get along with what?

Angelus: I want to show you two something. 


Gabe: UH... WAIT-

Angelus: This won't hurt you. Cloud, come.

Cloud: ...Alright.



"His hand was like ice, man. But as soon as he put his hand on my forehead my vision went blank and these... images flashed inside my head."



















"It was like a scene from a freaken movie. Blood and dead people and bright special effects."

"...Special effects?"

"It looked like you know... like those fantasy movies. It was like - oh I know. Like witches using magic!"

"...Witches."

"Yeah, you know those ugly looking people with the wands from fairy tales. These actors weren't half bad but meh."

"Cloud. Don't meet with those people again."

"Well, about that-"


Cloud: WHOAAA. That was freaken COOL man. How did you do that? That a new gadget special? You make movies?

Gabe: ...I know what this is about.

Angelus: ...Excuse me?

Gabe: You want us to LARP with you. You're recruiting.

Cloud: What's LARP?

Gabe: Live Action Role Play. Players dress up in costumes and fight each other according to the LARP rules and earn points. Vampires versus... witches I take it? It looks like the vampires are losing pretty hard.


Seth: First of all, scrawny. Witches have long range magic and protective magic. It takes a lot strength for close combat fighters like vampires to get close for the kill.

Angelus: ...LARPing... I see.


Cloud: WOW, I did not know there was such a thing in this old town. Where we sign up? This shit looks legit man. Gabe, you cool with signing up right?

Gabe: ...I don't know Cloud. LARPing costs a lot of money and time...


Cloud: We graduate soon man, we can have some fun before we find some real jobs. 

Gabe: Aren't you going to college?

Cloud: NAH, probably not. College is for Tae. And I think you're the only one I know that's getting ready for that man. 

Gabe: ...But.

Cloud: No BUTS man. I can get Ricky and JJ to sign up too. OHHH so damn excited dude! 


Angelus: ...Unfortunately we have limited space available. First, I would like you two to come join us for the battle before inviting others.

Cloud: That sucks man. But aight. I'm in. Gabe's in.

Gabe: I am?

Angelus: I will be contacting you soon. 


Cloud: Wow, man, see how fast they're going. Why didn't they come that fast when they were first comin'?

Gabe: I CAN'T believe you just signed us up for LARP.

Cloud: I thought you were into this kinda stuff.

Gabe: I AM but not THAT far. This is insane. 

Cloud: Sorry man, I got a bit too excited again. Guess this makes even then.



"So yeah... your little bro is signed up for LARP. Cool eh? ....Tae?"

"Cloud, do not talk to those men again if they come to you."

"Why man? It's just some harmless fun. It's been a bore fest here lately."

"...Cloud... Listen - Huh? Yeah, no I'm on the phone, Miki. Hold on a second-"

"Ahh... your girl with cha? You're good man. Go, that's all I wanted to say."

"...Listen Cloud. Witches - they... just stay away from those two."

"...Yeah yeah. Whatever, bro. Go take care of yourself."

"Cloud. I am serious."

"Yep. I gotcha."

"...I'll call you back later. Take care of yourself."

"You too bro."


--------------------------------------------------------



"So my sweet Angelus, tell me what the HELL all that was about. What the hell is this LARP shit? I thought we were drinking tonight." 

"There are reasons."

"F*** your reasons. I'm sick of making fake IDs raving about how awesome you AV is. I feel like freaken fan girl. We've been hunting low for a month using this scheme of yours, why you let them go?"

"Cloud."

"What?! If you're going to keep being a pussy I'm going back to hunting my way. What the heck did you show them to start this shit?"


"I showed them a flash back of the Great War."

"Don't lie to me. You don't have powers like that."

"It's a temporary power. I was... given an elixir by a man that allows me to show flashes of the past to others."

"What man? Oh, that blind brat with the horns? Given huh? Haha... sure. We should go see how long he'll last this time before he screams."

"...I heard Sophia speak to him about a man, this Cloud."

"What makes you think that this Cloud is that Cloud?"

"Orange hair. Green eyes. Unusual name. But I am being cautious. I am keeping watch, for now."

"What's Fia want with this guy?"


"Pipper would not tell me."

"Beat it out of him."

"...He can be especially stubborn when it comes to our half sister."

"Stop calling her that. I should just kill that f***er Cloud, only seen him once and he gets on my nerves. So why show them that?"

"Premonition."

"...You better be serious about what you're planning, or I will kill you myself. I didn't agree to help you for this to fail."

"...We'll keep watch, for now. All will go my way, when the time comes." 



Took a while to get this out. How do you like my wanna be gangsta writing? haha :)

Has anyone tried LARPing? I've only heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

I wanted to try and show you all Cloud's character all through dialogue and see how it turns out. It's a bit hard to write for a character that I am not all too interested in though, I really don't like how he was born, although he rolled fun traits to write for.

Much thanks to Murfeelee for their CC for the war scenes. Really great cc that pretty much initiated the idea for that whole sequence. 

Ricky, the JJs and Ginger are minor characters, probably won't see them much anymore, but I like how their individuals roles played out. 

Foreshadowing popping out here and there... make your conjectures, but I think you all might be surprised at what happens... here's to hoping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions, comments? Let me know what you think!

NOTICE

Changing to this template unfortunately deleted all previous comments, I apologize! Thank you to all who left comments/suggestions previously. I will not forget them!

Welcome!

Please see the Story Guide to aid your reading selection. Hope you enjoy!

Current Story Arc Beginning:

Posting Schedule: 1-2/week

Top Reads

Powered by Blogger.